Skip to Main Content

Return to Noticeboard Stories

Citizens Advice - What Coronavirus Means for you

Information via Citizens Advice Scotland

If you're off sick or told to stay home because of coronavirus

If you're following government guidance because you have coronavirus symptoms, you'll be considered unfit for work. You'll also be considered unfit for work if you're staying at home, or 'self-isolating', because you've been in contact with someone with coronavirus.

You'll get statutory sick pay (SSP) if you're considered unfit for work and are usually entitled to it - check if you're entitled to SSP.

It's worth checking your contract - your employer might pay you more than SSP when you're sick.

If you're not sick but have been told to self-isolate and can't work from home, you should still get your contractual sick pay on top of SSP.

You can also check your rights to sick pay if you get coronavirus on the Acas website. Acas provides free advice to employees and employers.

Please visit the website for more information

Rent Payments

Where possible pay your rent via  

If you have online banking,  please contact Fiona at the office for our account details.